27 August 2011

Weekly top 5


I PASSED MY EXAMS!!!!  After four years of studying, I'm finally a qualified accountant!  It's such a good feeling to know that I'm now finished for good, although I don't think it will really sink in until December when the others at work will be doing exams and I won't!  I'm already looking forward to being able to enjoy the build up to Christmas, rather than suddenly having to get in the festive spirit after exams in the middle of December and frantically running around trying to buy presents at the last minute!  Qualifying also means that I get a rather nice pay rise, so except to see more haul posts in the coming months (see below for starters!)


I love bank holiday weekends.  It's such a good feeling knowing that you manage to avoid the worst day of the week and get to avoid Sunday evening blues too!  It's Danny's dad's birthday on Sunday so we're having a barbecue - the bank holiday means we won't have to worry about getting up for work in the morning!  I'm planning to make the most of having Monday off by paying a visit to Bicester - I've never been before but I've heard really good things about the outlet there and I've been meaning to go for ages.  I'd always said that when I passed my exams, I'd reward myself with a Mulberry handbag - they have a Mulberry store at Bicester so hopefully I can get one a bit cheaper as well!


We've had a couple of busy weekends recently, what with christenings, weddings and birthdays so having a free evening tonight is a bit of a rarity at the moment!  It's been quite a few weeks (actually, since we went out to celebrate being together for six months) since we had an evening completely to ourselves, so we're going out for dinner and then to the cinema tonight (to see Horrible Bosses - have any of you seen it?)  I'm really looking forward to it - I love date night!  Danny's surprising me with where we're going for dinner tonight too!


I'm planning a redesign for my blog this week.  I'm getting a bit fed up with having to have photos smaller than I'd like, so I need to change the column width and think I might have a bit of a fiddle with other bits too.  That said, this is limited somewhat by my html skills, so we'll see how much I actually manage to change!  Anyway, watch this space....

All images from weheartit.com
My mum's been off work sick for the last two weeks (which obviously isn't good - I'm not loving that!) - she's got a bad back so has to spend most of the time either walking around to try and loosen it up or lying down to rest it.  Anyway, she's clearly been getting a bit bored being stuck at home all the time, cos she's been baking lots!  Chocolate brownies, banoffee pie and today we've got scones!  Thanks Mum :)

Five to follow:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...