17 November 2011

Time for an update...

Ok, so I've been really rubbish at blogging lately, as you may have noticed.  Hectic times at work coupled with an impending trip to Canada for work (where I am now!) and therefore trying to spend as much time with Danny before going away, meant my blog got a bit neglected I'm afraid.  But I'm now back, and intend to fully get back into blogging, so here goes!

Since I've had a few weeks about a month off, I thought I'd give you all a bit of an update on what's been going on recently.  Despite all the work, I have managed to fit in a few more exciting things so you can expect to see these popping up over the next few days for my Project 365 posts.



Birthdays
Danny's little sister turned 17 a couple of weeks ago, so organised a party at their house with a load of her friends.  Needless to say, myself and Danny stayed well clear of a house full of 17 year olds and spent the night at mine instead!  She apparently had a great time though, and was very appreciative of the money we gave her for driving lessons (in her words, she is "sick at driving"!)  Her birthday was made somewhat complete by a birthday card from none other than Michael Bublé!  You may remember me mentioning that Danny's dad was working on a TV Xmas special that he was hosting?  Yep, he got the card written then!

My friend Ali has also had a birthday while I've been away and as she had been ill, I decided to make her some cupcakes (she does cake decorating classes so was going to make a cake herself but didn't feel up to it).  I was feeling pretty tremendous pressure to make decent looking cupcakes so I spent a fair bit of time trawling the internet for ideas, until I came up with the ones I settled upon making.  I won't spoil the surprise now, because they'll feature heavily in one of my upcoming posts, but I will say now that I was am pretty damn proud of myself for how they turned out!


Date nights
If nothing else, the trip to Canada has meant that me and Danny have had a couple of date nights recently - something that I'm definitely not complaining about!  In fact we have another one planned for the day after I get back too.  I could really get used to this!  Nothing like some quality couple time to wind down at the end of the week :)


Bonfire Night
Now I don't know about any of you, but for me Bonfire Night is my favourite night of the year!  I think it even just edges it over Christmas if I'm honest with you.  Unfortunately, Danny is a lot less keen - so much so that I couldn't persuade him to come to a display with me.  In steps my brother, who also wanted to go, so the pair of us headed to Newbury Racecourse to watch the display there.  400 photos later.........expect a photo heavy post when I do this one!



Quebec, Canada
Contrary to popular belief, travelling for work isn't all that it's made out to be, especially when you're on the other side of the world on your own.  That said, I'm trying to make the best of it and am quite enjoying the quiet evenings with time to chill to myself.  I plan to start my Christmas shopping this weekend since I have the weekend free and I will definitely be paying a visit to Sephora - one of my favourite shops on the planet!  I only wish we had it in England!

Thanks for sticking with my blog through the long silence - I really appreciate it :)





2 comments:

  1. How long are you in Canada for? I'd like the traveling part with the job but not doing it by myself going somewhere and not knowing people. Would be a great experience though! Hope Quebec isn't too cold though x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in Canada for just under two weeks - arrived on Sunday and fly home on 25th. It's been quite warm this week but got colder today - 1 degree during the day and I think -4 degrees tonight. Oh and maybe some snow! :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...