25 February 2013

Monday munchies: Raspberry soufflés

Unfortunately I only took one photo last time I made these (it was for a dinner party so I couldn't really take my time over making them!) but I think they look delicious enough that one photo does them justice!  A lot of people I know are really scared about making soufflés but these honestly are quite easy and won't sink, trust me!


Raspberry soufflés
Makes 4

150g raspberries
100ml water
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
3 large eggs
50g golden caster sugar
2 tablespoons icing sugar

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees/150 degrees fan.  Add the raspberries, water and granulated sugar to a small pan and heat on the hob.  Stir until the raspberries have cooked down into a sauce.  Taste the sauce to check that it is sweet enough (the exact amount of sugar you need to add will vary based on personal preference and the time of year that you buy the raspberries)

Divide the sauce between four ramekins, leaving about a teaspoon of sauce in the pan, and allow to cool.  Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites until it forms stiff peaks.  Add a spoonful of the golden caster sugar and the remaining raspberry sauce and mix again.

Mix the remaining golden caster sugar into the egg yolks then add a tablespoon of the egg white mixture into the yolks.  Fold in the rest of the egg whites using a metal spoon.  Spoon the mixture into the ramekins.

Place the ramekins on a baking tray and cook for 15 minutes.  Before serving, sift the icing sugar over the top and voilà!


2 comments:

  1. These look really good! I love to bake but I've never tried to make souffle before x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot easier than you'd think (I was nervous the first time I made them!) As long as you fold in the air it'll be fine! x

      Delete

Related posts:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...